How Much Does It Cost To Put A Layer Of Shingles On A Roof?
The cost to add a layer of shingles varies widely based on location, materials, and labor but can range from $3 to $5 per square foot.
Here’s a breakdown of some of the factors that can influence the cost…
- Roof Size: Larger roofs will generally cost more to re-shingle than smaller roofs due to the increased material and labor requirements.
- Roof Pitch: Steeper roofs may require additional safety equipment and labor, which can increase the overall cost of the project.
- Shingle Type: The cost of shingles can vary based on factors such as material quality, brand, and style. Basic three-tab asphalt shingles are typically the least expensive option, while architectural or designer shingles may cost more.
- Labor Costs: Labor costs vary depending on the contractor’s experience, location, and overhead expenses. Higher labor rates may be charged in areas with a higher cost of living.
- Additional Materials: Depending on the condition of your roof and any underlying issues, you may need additional materials such as underlayment, flashing, or decking repairs. These can add to the overall cost of the project.
- Permits and Fees: Some areas require permits for roofing work, which may incur additional fees.